Let’s preface this post by sharing some of the things we wish people would have told us before we started looking for wedding venues:
- Wedding venues are next-level expensive. And you will sincerely consider having your wedding at your house at least ten times before it’s all said and done.
- Venue shopping is a full-time job. And eventually all of the venues start to look alike.
- Buy a building. Yep, a building. Just think about it, you could rent out your space for special events and make more money for a few hours than some people make in a month. (Okay, I’m kidding, don’t buy a building. It’s not worth the headache.)
- Research. Research. Research. And start as soon as you can operate a computer. This should give you a good list of venue options that you can explore once you’re engaged.
- Master your poker face, because you will see venues that look nothing like what you saw online, and you’ll need to hide your initial emotions. Don’t let the shock show on your face.
Okay, now that we’ve covered that, we can share our weekend venue shopping adventure. It all started a few weeks ago when we compiled a list of two venues that we were interested in. To our credit, we had a longer list, but many factors like: price, availability, friendliness, distance, etc. shortened that list down to two. But we were unmoved, we were going to visit these two venues.
On Saturday, we voyaged to Concord to tour our first venue. And let’s just say, pictures can be deceiving. Luckily, we applied Tip #5 and maintained the highest level of professionalism. And although this particular venue wasn’t the look we were going for, we can say that the staff was kind and very welcoming. The next venue was in Morrisville and as soon as we pulled up to the venue, we fell in love with it. There were elements of both our personalities in this venue and, despite the price slightly exceeding our initial budget, it was all-inclusive.
We were ready to put down our deposit until…
We found out our wedding date was not available anymore.
These memes say it best
So the wedding venue shopping adventure continues and we’re committed to finding the right venue that meets our exact needs! We have a few more prospects lined up and welcome any recommendations. We want to stay in the Charlotte or surrounding area, so just drop us a line if you have recommendations.
In the next few weeks, we’ll have a lot more to share with you. We’re working on a super cool project with our photographer, we’re creating awesome menu ideas with our prospective caterer and we’re interviewing great DJs to ensure that our wedding reception is a party you’ll never forget. So stay tuned and thank you all for your support!